Knitting, Dogs and More: Knitting and Sewing

Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Knitting and Sewing

I realized yesterday EVENING that I needed a present for a one year old this coming Saturday.  Of course I found the cutest pattern for a poncho with cuffs but it was for knitting.  NO TIME!!!! ARGH!!!!  Than I thought of fleece!  I ran to the fabric store and picked out a pink, white and black print that has flowers and hearts.  I also chose black (textured) fleece for the cuffs and also decided to put in a shawl collar.  What about a pattern you ask?  No need.  I didn't have time to order the original pattern I saw and wanted a different collar and front.  After looking at measurements, taking some from my 2 year old, and guestimating I went for it.  I think knitting and seeing pieces grow helps you understand what should happen and how to work without patterns or make your own.  I also love fleece because it is so wide.  This gives you room to make errors and redo.......or make a second for your child!  :-).  After I put the fringe on the ponchos I'll post a picture.  Phew!  Just in the nick of time.  So Christmas is rather stressful for me because of last minute ideas I get for fantastic gifts for friends, family, their friends, the postman..........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


  • Hooded Cabled Pullover
    Family Circle 8/23/77

Click HERE to see my Finished Projects Gallery.
    Click HERE to see my Fitness Blog.
      Click HERE to see the Furry Family members.
        Click HERE to see more detail about what I'm working on.


        • Aran Hooded Pullover #2 - 25 %

        • Aran Afghan - 10 %

        # of Visitors since July 21, 2005

        Hit Counters

        Have a Good Day!

        Powered by Blogger