Knitting, Dogs and More: Don't Faint!

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Don't Faint!

Knitting!

I know I'll hear the thuds of people passing out and falling to the floor now that I actually have knitting content on my blog! AND It's not a swatch! HAA HAA HAA. This is a sleeve for Elann.com's Eyelet Ribbed Top. I had to practice knitting with yarn this small of a gauge. I think it will be a nice top.

The Long Arm of the Law

Too my surprise the Law DID visit me on Monday. This arm of the law was Animal Control. Here's what happened: My sister-in-laws family doggy Sassy is visiting us while they are in Disneyland. Sassy is an escape artist and will chew fences to get out. I'm always worried she'll try to get out and look for her family while visiting us. When I leave the house I either put her in a portable kennel in the yard (shaded with water) or in a crate in the house. Esther and I ran a few errands on Monday morning. Sassy or our neighbors dog was crying (they are away and have a house sitter, doggy okay, just crying to get in the house). With the heat what it is, someone called Pleasanton Police Department to check on our dogs. When the officer came by I was home, had already let Sassy out so she could play (lounge in the heat). I was able to explain to the officer and show her where the dogs are. I think she was impressed that we had a fan in the garage for them and two big buckets of water as well as a little waterer they can activate from the faucet. All four of them were very well mannered for her and friendly, I was so proud of them. I didn't point out the clothes hanging on the line to her though. The dogs also come in and out of the house but at that time Esther was playing with her Lite Brite. Little plastic pegs and Maddy are not a good combo!

Last, Thanks to everyone who left comments on Sunday. Our High was recorded at 117 deg. and many of you who left comments were also feeling the heat too! Thanks to Kristen who left a note of concern after reading about California and the heat and power outages. We were lucky, our power stayed on but a few people I know weren't so lucky. I'll leave you with a photo of how we spent most of Sunday.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sonya said...

Love the family picture! You all look like you're keeping cool. 117?!? Kevin and I go into hole-up-in-the-air-conditioning at about 90. I can't imagine 117. Glad your power is staying on. The knitting looks great!

5:41 PM  
Blogger --Deb said...

117 is just insane for anywhere outside, say Death Valley or the Sahara desert. Glad you're staying as cool as you can!

7:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just picking myself up off the floor- don't worry, no damage! The tee is going to be so pretty. What yarn is that, and what size needle? I used to work in the factory that made, among other things, Lite Brite. That toy has been around a long time. 117?!?! I can't imagine.

4:33 AM  
Blogger Mitchypoo said...

Holy Moses, 117! Not sure it was that how down here. Love the kiddy pool, great idea! Love the color of the sweater too.

12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


  • Hooded Cabled Pullover
    Family Circle 8/23/77

Click HERE to see my Finished Projects Gallery.
    Click HERE to see my Fitness Blog.
      Click HERE to see the Furry Family members.
        Click HERE to see more detail about what I'm working on.


        • Aran Hooded Pullover #2 - 25 %

        • Aran Afghan - 10 %

        # of Visitors since July 21, 2005

        Hit Counters

        Have a Good Day!

        Powered by Blogger