Knitting, Dogs and More: Knitting! Your Kidding!

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Knitting! Your Kidding!


These were for a shower over the past weekend for a friend who is expecting twins. I used to dislike garter stitch but thought it looks good in this sweater pattern. The pattern is from LionBrand and calls for organic cotton. Unfortunately it wasn't released in time but I was able to find a lovely (HA) acrylic blend. I know the Mom and other daughter are allergic to dogs so I thought it best to avoid wool.

I'm also knitting patches for our fuzzy feet. I'm basically going to felt large swatches of leftover yarn and then cut new soles and attach them to our existing fuzzy feet. Not as exciting as the sweaters but sorry no pictures.

I've only had one entry in my contest THANKS Kristen. I have a feeling she's going to be the lucky winner for naming the little Singer Golden Touch. I've decided what the prize will be but it's going to be a Surprise so I won't reveal it until the winner receives it. This little machine made me realize how many sewing machines I've worked on in my life. We had similar singers in Home Ec class and I remembered the sound they made, it really took me back to Mrs. Osbornes class in the mid 70s!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your matching baby outfits!! Very sweet indeed. I am knitting a simple baby's blanket. I do not really do knitting for babies, and this is an unknown entity, so I get to make the blanket green!!
Your sewing machine reminded me of the Charlie's Angels or Six Million Dollar Woman ads. I have no name for you, but very golden haired TV star of the 70s!!!

12:41 AM  
Blogger Sonya said...

What cute sweaters! The mom will love them.

9:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The twin hoodies are double cute! Did I really win? That makes my day!

6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


  • Hooded Cabled Pullover
    Family Circle 8/23/77

Click HERE to see my Finished Projects Gallery.
    Click HERE to see my Fitness Blog.
      Click HERE to see the Furry Family members.
        Click HERE to see more detail about what I'm working on.


        • Aran Hooded Pullover #2 - 25 %

        • Aran Afghan - 10 %

        # of Visitors since July 21, 2005

        Hit Counters

        Have a Good Day!

        Powered by Blogger