Knitting, Dogs and More: Anna's Hummingbird

Saturday, March 19, 2005

Anna's Hummingbird

I've had a couple of inquiries about my hummingbird. It's an Anna's Hummingbird. They are a breed that don't migrate south in the winter, so we are lucky to see them year round. They are fun to see as there feathers are irridescant.

There are also Black Phoebes that visit our yard in the morning. They sit up on a brick wall that is about 2 feet high and then swoop down and hover above the grass for a few seconds and fly back up to the wall over and over again. I think they must be catching bugs that fly around the grass. What a way to get a meal! Guess I shouldn't complain about having to cook.

I'd like to say I knew all this information before I was asked. I have to admit I did an Internet search of "Pleasanton California hummingbird" and there it was. I love the Internet for research!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


  • Hooded Cabled Pullover
    Family Circle 8/23/77

Click HERE to see my Finished Projects Gallery.
    Click HERE to see my Fitness Blog.
      Click HERE to see the Furry Family members.
        Click HERE to see more detail about what I'm working on.


        • Aran Hooded Pullover #2 - 25 %

        • Aran Afghan - 10 %

        # of Visitors since July 21, 2005

        Hit Counters

        Have a Good Day!

        Powered by Blogger