Knitting, Dogs and More: Esther's Hummus

Friday, August 12, 2005

Esther's Hummus

Esther loves Hummus. I try to make it at home to cut down on the cost and make it a little milder. I thought I'd share the recipe.

Esther's Hummus

1 can garbanzo beans (drain saving the liquid)
1/2 cup of liquid from the beans
1 tablespoon Lime juice, lemon juice or mixture of the two
1 tablspoon Tahini sauce (you can substitute Peanut butter)
1 clove garlic
1 tsp cumin

Blend it up, chill in the fridge, Serve as dip or straight from a bowl for a picky 3 year old who happens to have Hummus on her short list of likes.

1 Comments:

Blogger alltangledup said...

sounds lovely. I like to make it from scratch so that I can control the quality of the ingredients. Somehow in the UK, it never works out cheaper, but as we are what we eat, I get comfort in knowing what's in it (and comfort in knowing that I will not break out in big red lumps due to the preservatives) thanks for the recipe. I must try your version.

12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


  • Hooded Cabled Pullover
    Family Circle 8/23/77

Click HERE to see my Finished Projects Gallery.
    Click HERE to see my Fitness Blog.
      Click HERE to see the Furry Family members.
        Click HERE to see more detail about what I'm working on.


        • Aran Hooded Pullover #2 - 25 %

        • Aran Afghan - 10 %

        # of Visitors since July 21, 2005

        Hit Counters

        Have a Good Day!

        Powered by Blogger