Knitting, Dogs and More: So I have an excuse to be lazy

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

So I have an excuse to be lazy

All I had to do is hop over to Laurie's Crazy Aunt Purl for my excuse, It says right their in my horoscope that I will be tired in August (Libra). No I head to the doctor for a physical. Everything came back normal except I have Hypothyroidism. So I'm tired, and fat, and overwhelmed, and my skin is dry, and my hair is brittle (Yeah like I'd notice after the great job I did dyeing it) and I thought this was just me with a few "character flaws". Lazy and lack of organization would always come to mind. The good news is it is something treatable. I picked up my prescription tonight and will start taking it tomorrow morning. I'm looking forward to an upward swing in how I feel, I think you can tend to take feeling bad or not well for granted, and blame it on other things. Woo Hoo, maybe I'll have so much energy I'll get 5 things done for the August Challenge. Poor Esther has started saying she can't do things because she's tired. That kind of hit home as those little kiddos sure can be a mirror of what's happening around them.

P.S. The What is it Contest is over. It will be a backpack style purse. I'm kind of just crocheting away and making pieces to match a style of purse I really like.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It must be a relief to know there's a reason behind your physical problems and that it is treatable. Good luck with this. And have fun today aiming for those August goals!

6:36 AM  
Blogger Holly said...

Welcome to the hypothyroidism club. I've had it for years and you will feel better soon. You will still have a dragging day here and there, but take your pills and life will improve. :-) I think it's a great excuse for a nap now and then!

7:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


  • Hooded Cabled Pullover
    Family Circle 8/23/77

Click HERE to see my Finished Projects Gallery.
    Click HERE to see my Fitness Blog.
      Click HERE to see the Furry Family members.
        Click HERE to see more detail about what I'm working on.


        • Aran Hooded Pullover #2 - 25 %

        • Aran Afghan - 10 %

        # of Visitors since July 21, 2005

        Hit Counters

        Have a Good Day!

        Powered by Blogger