Knitting, Dogs and More: Rainy Days, Great Mail and Thank You's!

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Rainy Days, Great Mail and Thank You's!


Rain is predicted for the next week or so. WOW, that is a long time for us, especially for Spring. The good news is we won't have to hear the dreaded D (drought) word. But there's always something, I'm sure this rain is making the grass grow like crazy. That means more fuel for fires when it dries up in the summer.

Now to my wonderful mail! I got 3 balls of Naturally's Karen M Guernsey from Cindy at Knitting Park which will get me through my Cozy Shawl Collared Aran in the size I want. I included the swatch I knitted of the different dyelots. After washing and drying I can see I'll only have to do minimal blending to get it to work, YEAH! Thank you Cindy!


I also received a scarf I purchased from the red scarf project. I thought it would be fun to have one someone else made as well as donate one. I still have to let her know I got it, but Polly at All Tangled Up knitted this beauty. The link takes you to a much better picture. It is intricate lace with beads. Very classy! Thank you Polly! I'm imagining all the places and future outfits I can wear it with!

The last thing I received in the mail was a catalog for KnitPicks. I definitely don't NEED this catalog, but nice to have and see all the pretty pictures. I want to work on getting the stuff done I've started or planned. Famous last words, right?

Just when I thought it couldn't get any better...The doorbell rang while I was typing this. It was the Fed Ex Man with my new Birkenstocks, I got at discount through my friend Jen who works at Birkenstock! Thanks Jen! Boy am I blessed to have such cool wonderful friends!

 Posted by Hello

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't you love getting fun things in the mail?! I'm a Birkenstock fan too, and wear my Arizonas every single day around the house. And thanks for the info on the hummingbird- more snow is supposed to come here tomorrow, so I won't be seeing hummingbirds for a while!

Kristen

5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


  • Hooded Cabled Pullover
    Family Circle 8/23/77

Click HERE to see my Finished Projects Gallery.
    Click HERE to see my Fitness Blog.
      Click HERE to see the Furry Family members.
        Click HERE to see more detail about what I'm working on.


        • Aran Hooded Pullover #2 - 25 %

        • Aran Afghan - 10 %

        # of Visitors since July 21, 2005

        Hit Counters

        Have a Good Day!

        Powered by Blogger