Knitting, Dogs and More: Breakin' the Law

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Breakin' the Law


Rumor has it that Pleasanton is one of the Bay Area Cities where clotheslines are (or were) illegal. I don't want to know, I'd have to move it if it were true. So for now I'll be discreet....It would be funny to hang it between the trees on the park side.....LOL

Our magnolia tree blooms in the Spring but then has a few blossoms throughout the summer. They look so pretty against the green leaves.

I'm hopping to have pictures of the Diamond Patch and Crocheted purse COMPLETED by the end of the week, or at least by August 31st.

3 Comments:

Blogger Peggy said...

What's the reasoning behind banning them?? Not that I really like the smell of laundry dried outside (I know; I'm weird) but I'd probably think it incredibly stupid if I was told I couldn't do it.

4:29 PM  
Blogger Tori said...

LOL, I think it's because some of the snobby people who make the rules around here think it would "bring down the neighborhood". I live next door to a public park, so the thought of laundry hanging between the trees, just seems funny. Someone would have to look pretty hard and be peeking in to see that a neighbor had a clothesline, or mine for that matter.

A San Francisco Radio station did a survey of it's listeners to determine good clothesline etiquette a year or two ago. Most people were okay with it and they joked about putting Grandma's panties on the center lines, sheets on the outside and not necessarily having a telescoping pole (good use for the old TV antenaes ;-)

Take care,
Tori

5:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love line-dried laundry, and hanging clothes out is one of the few household chores I enjoy. Not to mention it saves energy and money. If I lived in one of those snobby areas I'd break the law too!

5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


  • Hooded Cabled Pullover
    Family Circle 8/23/77

Click HERE to see my Finished Projects Gallery.
    Click HERE to see my Fitness Blog.
      Click HERE to see the Furry Family members.
        Click HERE to see more detail about what I'm working on.


        • Aran Hooded Pullover #2 - 25 %

        • Aran Afghan - 10 %

        # of Visitors since July 21, 2005

        Hit Counters

        Have a Good Day!

        Powered by Blogger