Knitting, Dogs and More: Filler, Bills, Newsletters, Getting over a COLD!

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Filler, Bills, Newsletters, Getting over a COLD!

Knitting a gazillion fuzzy feet has done nothing for my tension issues. I was playing with filler stitches and whilee I thought my purl stitches were looser than my knit stitches I think the opposite is actually true, or I overcompensated for that..... Anyway, I like seed stitch, but I'm going to use either Moss or Sand. Sand is on the bottom, Moss is at the top. Sand hides the tension issues better so I may go with that.

Today I need to get some bills paid, finish printing our "Holiday Newsletter" (Okay, I heard all the groans out there) We try to make ours lighthearted and it's NEVER more than a page. Maddy even has an advice column and every year I chronicle Sparky and Bentley's adventures as "employees" of Santa. Sparky has even tried out for the reindeer team a few times!

Esther has a cold and I'm feeling like I'm gonna get it. I'm going to up the Vitamin C, we are having soup and a nap is a must today!

I did think of a question....How old is too old? I got some Germantown on EBay. The labels say 4 oz so I know it's older. How old is too old for wool yarn?

Take care all!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think there's an expiration date for wool! As long as it's clean, odor- and moth-free, it should be usable.

4:07 AM  
Blogger Mitchypoo said...

Hi Tori!

I agree, if it isn't mothy, it's usable. Even if it's dusty, you can clean it gently.

Have you ever tried Airborne for a cold? I haven't but heard it works. I personally take Oscillococinum (spelling?) which you can find pretty easily now. They say it's for flu, but it's worked for cold for me. Hope you and Esther are feeling fine.

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


  • Hooded Cabled Pullover
    Family Circle 8/23/77

Click HERE to see my Finished Projects Gallery.
    Click HERE to see my Fitness Blog.
      Click HERE to see the Furry Family members.
        Click HERE to see more detail about what I'm working on.


        • Aran Hooded Pullover #2 - 25 %

        • Aran Afghan - 10 %

        # of Visitors since July 21, 2005

        Hit Counters

        Have a Good Day!

        Powered by Blogger