Knitting, Dogs and More: Olympic Progress

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Olympic Progress

I heard from Family Circle about the Cover sweater on their August 23, 1977 issue. This is the sweater I'm knitting for the Knitting Olympics. I have permission to make 10-20 copies and distribute them. I'll figure out how to do this both financially and the best way to make the copies as readable as possible.

I also want to lead a KAL. If you're interested let me know in the comments section. If I get more requests for copies than I have permission to distribute we will have to figure out a selection process. Also let me know when you'd realistically be able to start. The original issue came out in late Summer. I thought in keeping with the theme and title "Anti-freeze sweaters: Make them now, wear them later" we could start in August. I would have my experience behind me, could clarify some of the tricky parts and share info on swatching by then. The tricky parts come from how the pattern is written and the print is so small. I remember my Mom having some problem with the hood, but I'll let you know how that goes when I get there. So far it has been fairly smooth. My gauge on the Honeycomb is smaller than it should be, so I probably should have added a repeat. I'm thinking outloud so I'll go and get to work so I can spend some time on my Olympic knitting.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Tori - took a look at your various sites. Really enjoyed lookingat your good work. Thanks.

9:18 AM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

Hi Tori, Yes, I am interested in this KAL , I love the honeycomb pattern and currently in FLAK with Janet Szabo. (re: womans day issue)

butterflyjones03@yahoo.com

2:26 AM  
Blogger Jenny Raye said...

Tori, I'd definitely be interested in knitting the hooded aran in a KAL with you! Keep me posted!!!

8:14 PM  
Blogger Ketchikan Choc said...

Hi Tori,
I am interested in your proposed KAL doing the sweater for the 1977 Family Circle magazine. August would be fine with me.

Choc

12:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


  • Hooded Cabled Pullover
    Family Circle 8/23/77

Click HERE to see my Finished Projects Gallery.
    Click HERE to see my Fitness Blog.
      Click HERE to see the Furry Family members.
        Click HERE to see more detail about what I'm working on.


        • Aran Hooded Pullover #2 - 25 %

        • Aran Afghan - 10 %

        # of Visitors since July 21, 2005

        Hit Counters

        Have a Good Day!

        Powered by Blogger