Knitting, Dogs and More: More Birds! and a new WIP!

Monday, February 06, 2006

More Birds! and a new WIP!


This is an afghan I had started and ripped out along time ago because I didn't like the yarn I was using at the time. I'm using Brunswick Germantown so of course it is lovely. My justification for starting this project is I'm going to need to rip out my Town Square Jacket and Ribby and restart them. I don't know what I did to Town Square but I cast on and knit the wrong number of stitches. My gauge is also smaller than my swatch. The Ribby was started before I worked on improving my knitting (tnesion difference between purl and knits) so I'll need to restart that too.



This afternoon I noticed about a dozen Robins in our trees and our neighbors trees. I haven't seen them for awhile. I'm really going to have to learn more about our feathered neighbors but I think they migrate south in the coldest part of winter. The picture in a previous post of what I think is a woodpecker maybe a female Nutall's Woodpecker.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mitchypoo said...

Hi Tori, the afghan is beautiful, i love that yarn! You know, in MN, when I saw the first Robin, it meant that Spring had arrived. Or atleast the first signs of it. Aren't they pretty?

9:37 AM  
Blogger Sonya said...

Pretty robin! We had a really mild January but February is turning to be more winter-like. Come on, Spring!

9:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's going to be a nice Aran afghan. Details, please!

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


  • Hooded Cabled Pullover
    Family Circle 8/23/77

Click HERE to see my Finished Projects Gallery.
    Click HERE to see my Fitness Blog.
      Click HERE to see the Furry Family members.
        Click HERE to see more detail about what I'm working on.


        • Aran Hooded Pullover #2 - 25 %

        • Aran Afghan - 10 %

        # of Visitors since July 21, 2005

        Hit Counters

        Have a Good Day!

        Powered by Blogger