Knitting, Dogs and More: Welcome India Grace!

Monday, April 04, 2005

Welcome India Grace!

India is one of my dear friends' baby! She was born yesterday at her home and I had the honor being there to coach her Mommy and help as much as I could. I'll give some background info before continuing with this story. Our families became friends because our husbands work in the same Chiropractic office. Julie has just finished Chiropractic College and while she was attending school I would watch Ethan her son who is a few weeks older than my daughter, Esther. Both Esther and Ethan started as home births and we each had to transfer to the hospital for our respective births. While my experience at the hospital was wonderful, I can't say the same for Julie.


For all the worrying and waiting we did and questioning about how it would go this time for Julie at home it really couldn't have gone better or more wonderfully. Julie is SO strong and her Midwife was wonderful! India is a healthy girl 10.7 lbs. 22 inches and she arrived at 6:58 p.m. Yesterday (4/3). (The newborn hat I knit her is NOT going to fit. :-). It was an indescribable experience to be there helping Julie and encouraging her. I also got to spend time with Ethan playing, reading books and rocking him when he was tired. A really fun moment was explaining to him that "Mommy's Baby" was HIS Baby sister and no, she can't walk yet. :-). There was such a sweet moment when Ethan was sitting next to his sister holding her hands and just beaming at her.


I do feel sad today because it is one of the last events we will share together in some time. In a little over 3 weeks, They will move to Ohio to be closer to family and to start a new life and practice there. I wish them so much happiness and am anxious to hear about their life but will miss them so!


So for this week I'll be helping India's family, re-knitting her cap and maybe making a few things for her that fit. I'm still chugging away on the Diamond Patch and will post pictures when I can. My digital cameras card is full with pictures of a new little friend :-).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

10.7 lb!? Go Mom! And a big welcome to India.

9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


  • Hooded Cabled Pullover
    Family Circle 8/23/77

Click HERE to see my Finished Projects Gallery.
    Click HERE to see my Fitness Blog.
      Click HERE to see the Furry Family members.
        Click HERE to see more detail about what I'm working on.


        • Aran Hooded Pullover #2 - 25 %

        • Aran Afghan - 10 %

        # of Visitors since July 21, 2005

        Hit Counters

        Have a Good Day!

        Powered by Blogger