Knitting, Dogs and More: Help Organizing all my loose patterns

Sunday, August 28, 2005

Help Organizing all my loose patterns

Hi all, I'm requesting ideas and suggestions on how to organize the loose patterns I've printed out. At first I thought I'd put them in a binder, but there are a bit too many. I want to easily get to them, and find what I want. I have an idea for how to organize them, just not what to keep them in. Right now they are stacked in my bookcase and getting a bit raggedy. Thanks in advance for any help!

FYI - These are the categories I have so far:
Women's Pullovers
Women's Cardigans
Women's Other Clothing
Men's Pullovers
Men's Cardigans
Hats, Gloves, Scarves
Children's
Babies

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about getting using seperate binders for each category, or a couple of categories to a binder? I like to put loose patterns in clear plastic sheet protectors to keep them from tearing, then put them in 3 ring binders.

5:15 PM  
Blogger --Deb said...

That's pretty much what I do, too. The plastic sheet protectors, and then sorted by category in a binder. I like that it stays organized and the pages stay together (no worries about staples coming out), but also that they stay clean and unsmudged--and easy to flip through, with one sheet protector per pattern, so I don't waste time looking for the top page of individual patterns.

6:26 PM  
Blogger Mitchypoo said...

How about getting an accordian file and putting your headings on them? Then when you want a sock pattern, you only have to look thru that section. You can still put them in a protector.

12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


  • Hooded Cabled Pullover
    Family Circle 8/23/77

Click HERE to see my Finished Projects Gallery.
    Click HERE to see my Fitness Blog.
      Click HERE to see the Furry Family members.
        Click HERE to see more detail about what I'm working on.


        • Aran Hooded Pullover #2 - 25 %

        • Aran Afghan - 10 %

        # of Visitors since July 21, 2005

        Hit Counters

        Have a Good Day!

        Powered by Blogger