Knitting, Dogs and More: Some Good and Some Bad News on the Knitting Front

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Some Good and Some Bad News on the Knitting Front

I'll start with the bad news so I can end with the good news.......

I woke up before anyone else (not an impressive hour as we were up late last night) and decided to work on my campus coat while reading blogs. I was almost up to the armhole shaping on the back and also at the end of the 1st skein. So I started the new skein and knitted away. I just set it down to measure the armholes and noticed something. This Yarn is "No Dye Lot". Well, I won't argue that but I think it needs a TEXTURE LOT!!!!! The picture only slightly shows the break, but it is VERY noticeable! It would be easy enough to rip back, return the skein and start again, but I'd have to test each skein. I'm going to write a letter to Red Heart (if I can find an address) rewind the last skein and head off to Walmart to stand in line to return the yarn. Maybe the bottom part can be a blanket for one of Esther's dolls.

And before you say anything, YES I know I have freakishly long toes. :-)



Okay, for the good news....I finished the Diamond Patch Pullover. I added a bit of length to the bottom after the patches and decided to make it sleeveless. I like how it fits. The yarn is 30% wool so I think it will double well as a vest. It's in the bathroom blocking, almost dry so hope to have pictures later today.

I'm thinking about September goals and can't decide what to work on. I have a lot started. The Rosette Cardigan is going to be ripped out and will become a Ribby Cardi. I knit holding the yarn in my left hand and think this is why the stitches were killing me. So Ribby here I come. I haven't decided if I'll make it all one color or find a contrasting yarn for the sleeves.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mitchypoo said...

lol...."freakishly long toes"...lol

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


  • Hooded Cabled Pullover
    Family Circle 8/23/77

Click HERE to see my Finished Projects Gallery.
    Click HERE to see my Fitness Blog.
      Click HERE to see the Furry Family members.
        Click HERE to see more detail about what I'm working on.


        • Aran Hooded Pullover #2 - 25 %

        • Aran Afghan - 10 %

        # of Visitors since July 21, 2005

        Hit Counters

        Have a Good Day!

        Powered by Blogger