Knitting, Dogs and More: That's MY Brother!

Thursday, December 29, 2005

That's MY Brother!

That is what I always say when my brother does something cool.

Anyway, I need to say that about him for this Christmas. Christmas gifts are always a stressful situation in our family. He and I have talked about how we really don't need anything and how shopping for gifts can be difficult. Well, this year he nailed it. He gave the perfect gifts this year. He made donations to Charities for us that matched us. For our family he made a donation to the Oakland Zoo because he knew we had visited the zoo recently and really enjoyed it. To my sisters family he made a donation to Habitat for Humanity which she volunteers for. Sooooo

That's My Brother!



I'll leave you with a funny Santa story. We (Steven Esther and I) stayed in a Hotel Christmas Eve. Of course Santa knew we were there and we expected a visit from him. Esther would NOT fall asleep. Steven told her a few times Santa wouldn't come if she didn't fall asleep. Understandably this did not work. It was almost 11 p.m. and she was flipping around like a fish caught on a line in the King size bed the three of us were sharing. She gets very active when trying to stay awake. I gasped and then said to her, "Did you here that?" She whispered, "Yes". Then I said, "Oh! we better pretend we're asleep!". She put her little fists up to her eyes and snuggled next to me. She was asleep in less than a minute.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your brother gave the perfect gifts. I'd like to do that with my own family for the same reasons.

5:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Christmas stories! Thanks for sharing. Happy New Year!

7:34 PM  
Blogger Nicole Valentine said...

Love the hotel story, my daughter is the same way. She runs full tilt until she conks out. Nice to find your blog through the new KAL!

8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


  • Hooded Cabled Pullover
    Family Circle 8/23/77

Click HERE to see my Finished Projects Gallery.
    Click HERE to see my Fitness Blog.
      Click HERE to see the Furry Family members.
        Click HERE to see more detail about what I'm working on.


        • Aran Hooded Pullover #2 - 25 %

        • Aran Afghan - 10 %

        # of Visitors since July 21, 2005

        Hit Counters

        Have a Good Day!

        Powered by Blogger