Knitting, Dogs and More: New Year Part 2

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

New Year Part 2


Here is my second swatch for the FLAK KAL. I made a few mistakes but the swatch will still work for measuring. Hoping I got all the mistakes outta my system. About the only "creative" changes I made was to the wave cable. It is the one that waves back and forth. Instead of the background being in stockinette I'm going to do seed. It looks slightly different. I've accidentally done the wave when trying to do a rope cable so this won't remind me of that.


I'm also working on my Mystic Poncho. I think I can have it done in a week or so. Then I'll work on the Cabled Hooded Pullover. Erin at Yes I knit and I are having a mini KAL. I sent a letter to Family Circle (hard copy and email) and have received a "yes we got your message and are forwarding it to someone who is VERY busy" email back. I don't know the status of the copyright so can't share the pattern with anyone yet. Hopefully it will be republished or the copyright wasn't renewed and it's OURS to share! Erin if you're reading this I'm sending you and email shortly.

New Years Resolutions!

(drum roll please.......)
1. Live a Healthier Life! I will attend the Gym 3 times a week and walk the dogs at least 4 times a week. No specific diet planned at first. I know that chocolate is NOT the food group at the widest part of the pyramid. Stop treating it that way! If no specific diet works, choose a plan and start mid-Feb.

2. Organize Space, and Schedule! Follow FlyLady.net 4 days a week (Zones and sink) Can't do it all right now. Concentrate on Office on days where Zone is something I don't have or already done. I need to schedule WHEN I will work on MT, Knitting, etc... I want to get more done and think this is the only way.

3. Remember, not everything is about me! I tend to get upset by others actions. Most of the time this is very unproductive. A lot of the things are out of my control and even if I think it's stupid or dangerous it is not directed at me personally. I decided this should be on of my resolutions because I take bad driving personally and I was starting to take Esther's resistance to potty training personally. Once I stopped she has been doing SO MUCH better. Imagine that! :-)

4. Knitting Resolution! If I want more yarn I either have to finish something or sell some of the yarn I already have. Also, make 1 Holiday Gift a month. (not necessarily all knitted)

Happy New Year Everyone!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenny Raye said...

Oh Tori, I disagree, I don't think your FLAK yarn is too dark at all! I love that plum color! You have all those cool little bits of color, too. Love that B&L Regal!!! Your swatch is great, way to go!

5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


  • Hooded Cabled Pullover
    Family Circle 8/23/77

Click HERE to see my Finished Projects Gallery.
    Click HERE to see my Fitness Blog.
      Click HERE to see the Furry Family members.
        Click HERE to see more detail about what I'm working on.


        • Aran Hooded Pullover #2 - 25 %

        • Aran Afghan - 10 %

        # of Visitors since July 21, 2005

        Hit Counters

        Have a Good Day!

        Powered by Blogger