Knitting, Dogs and More: Walk With Me! Talk With Me!

Friday, January 06, 2006

Walk With Me! Talk With Me!

Year before last I entered the Iditawalk. Simple enough, just walk 30 minutes a day for 35 days between February 1, 2006 to March 18, 2006 for a total of 1049 minutes. The 1049 minutes represent the 1049 miles of the Iditarod sled race. I signed up last year too but didn't walk enough to get the T-shirt and leash. I decided this year I would try to get as many of my friends as possible to join me. You do pay a donation which goes to a fundraiser for a Boy Scout Troup in Nome AK. Pretty smart idea for a fund raiser! There was a time, many moons ago, when I trained and successfully walked the Avon 3 Day (2000). I LOVED being in such good shape. It takes a LOT of time to walk THAT much though. Thirty minutes sounds more my speed now.

4 Comments:

Blogger --Deb said...

What a nifty idea! I wonder how cold/frigid/icy/snowy our weather is going to be this February . . .

3:06 PM  
Blogger StarKnits said...

that's awesome! i'm going to ask my DH if it's ok that i join.

4:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's the first I've heard of this. It is a great idea. I have slacked off so much on my walking...

4:28 AM  
Blogger Mz Mar said...

Wish I had the extra $$ what great incentive to get out and walk!!
Just had my Boston puppy to the vet and she's a tad overweight and could use the excerise too!

8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


  • Hooded Cabled Pullover
    Family Circle 8/23/77

Click HERE to see my Finished Projects Gallery.
    Click HERE to see my Fitness Blog.
      Click HERE to see the Furry Family members.
        Click HERE to see more detail about what I'm working on.


        • Aran Hooded Pullover #2 - 25 %

        • Aran Afghan - 10 %

        # of Visitors since July 21, 2005

        Hit Counters

        Have a Good Day!

        Powered by Blogger