Knitting, Dogs and More: Highly Textured Vest Done!

Friday, September 30, 2005

Highly Textured Vest Done!



The pattern doesn't call for buttons. I did include small button holes and will probably add buttons. I also thought of a zipper but am not sure I'd like the result. I will also do light blocking on it but could wear it as is. See more about this finished Project at my Finished Projects Gallery.


Yesterday I received a wonderful package from Cindy. My camera's batteries died as I was taking the textured vest pics but I'll tell you about it. Two skeins of the discontinued yarn she used for her Shawl Collared Aran. We ended up using the same yarn and I was just a bit short. Cindy was so kind to send me the rest of hers, so I'll work on mine soon now. She also sent Plymouth Encore in a beautiful rose color. There's enough to make Esther a really nice sweater. And last but not least she sent some yummy doggy treats for Sparky, Maddy and Bentley. They LOVE you Cindy!!!!


SO for today, I think I'll finish the tail on Esther's Frontier Hat. I've also started a simple orange pumpkin hat for her, easy to knit while she's at the park on the play structure and I need to watch and set it down every so often to help her.


The weather is so wonderful! It may actually be a tad warm today but I've heard the temp will drop 20 degrees this weekend. Not enough for a sweater but enough to freak out your body. Take care all and Happy Friday.

3 Comments:

Blogger Birdsong said...

I really love the vest... time to think about these kinds of clothes again. I have sweaters lying flat to dry tonight, as I might need them by Sunday. Where are you in CA?

9:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The vest is gorgeous and looks so cozy!

12:06 PM  
Blogger The MacKay Way said...

Well done on the vest!!
Cheers!

1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


  • Hooded Cabled Pullover
    Family Circle 8/23/77

Click HERE to see my Finished Projects Gallery.
    Click HERE to see my Fitness Blog.
      Click HERE to see the Furry Family members.
        Click HERE to see more detail about what I'm working on.


        • Aran Hooded Pullover #2 - 25 %

        • Aran Afghan - 10 %

        # of Visitors since July 21, 2005

        Hit Counters

        Have a Good Day!

        Powered by Blogger