Knitting, Dogs and More: Now what do I do?

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Now what do I do?

I finished knitting the Mystic Poncho. I ran out of yarn and had to use a different yarn in a very similar color on the last two rows. It actually looks kind of cool like I meant to do it and I can edge the neckline to make it look even more deliberate. TWO ROWS Can you beleive that. I used at least 1/3 more yarn than the pattern called for. Well, that is NOT the worst of it. Even though the yarn is all from the same dye lot, There are differences in the colors. I bought 4 skeins and think there are 3 different shades . Since I've been working on this in not so great light I didn't notice it 'til tonight right before I knit the last two rows. I'm SURE it's going to look even more noticeable in better light. What do I do now? Should I wash it and hope it evens out? Can I dye it? Do I have to reknit it? Help! I'm so discouraged. I really wanted something I could actually WEAR BESIDES FUZZY FEET! I'll post pictures tomorrow if I can bear to look at it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


  • Hooded Cabled Pullover
    Family Circle 8/23/77

Click HERE to see my Finished Projects Gallery.
    Click HERE to see my Fitness Blog.
      Click HERE to see the Furry Family members.
        Click HERE to see more detail about what I'm working on.


        • Aran Hooded Pullover #2 - 25 %

        • Aran Afghan - 10 %

        # of Visitors since July 21, 2005

        Hit Counters

        Have a Good Day!

        Powered by Blogger